Thursday, May 8, 2014

Graphic 45~Botanical Tea & Kraftex

Hi, just wanted to share with you a little gift I made for a friend using Graphic 45’s collection Botanical Tea and Kraftex
IMG_2264
Here you could see I took a Graphic 45 tag I had and die cut a sizzix butterfly.  I cut the butterfly 3x from light chipboard and then cut one from kraftex to hold it altogether.  I glued Tim’s mirror paper to the front and added an oval mirror in  the middle with glossy accents
IMG_2267IMG_2266IMG_2277
Added a coat of gesso to the back and rubbed steel blue Inka Gold Metallic Rub to the embossed butterfly.
IMG_2285IMG_2278IMG_2286
Added some roses and a kratex butterfly to the front, as well as added distress paint/gesso to the wood piece.
IMG_2287IMG_2288
I love the back as much as the front.  I also, sprayed the back and seam binding with Lindy’s Salt Water Taffy.  Have a great week.  ~♥Hugz, Zandra♥

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful gift Zandra, your friend will love it.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. this project is just so lovely, love the idea of the mirror and teh back is just too clever, very unusual and original. TFS! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope to see you there more again...
    hugs from california Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the clever butterfly stand you made for your ribbon. This would be a great gift to make for a girl. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zandra, that is truly a beautiful piece. You amaze me with your talent to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete