Sunday, January 17, 2010

Let’s Get Shabby~Challenge #7

Getting back in the swing of things. Let’s Get Shabby Challenge beach theme with this:

lgs jan 10 soak the sunshine

Here is my layout inspired by this using a beach ball:

IMG_4305

I used Anna Griffin papers, distress ink, seashells, Quickutz Exclusive die. Here is a closer look.

IMG_4306

I have to tell you a little story about the Quickutz Exclusive die. I teach for Scrappers Cove and when they decided to come up with their first exclusive die, they took suggestions from everyone and I came up with the lighthouse and the design. They submitted it to Quickutz and this was their very first exclusive die. I was so excited they picked mine and they gave me the die as a thank you.

At one of Scrappers Cove Quickutz club party, they asked each member to take a die and change it in something other than it’s original form. So, I took my Lighthouse:

IMG_4307 IMG_4308 Back of die

I took all these pieces that make up the lighthouse and I made this from all the pieces:

IMG_4302

The only piece that is not from the die is the head that I used a circle punch. Pretty cool isn’t it? Every piece is used and in it’s original form. I also, made this from the die:

quickutz bathing beauty

I had to shape this a little, but I love the look.

Thanks for looking!

Hugz, Z

16 comments:

  1. Zandra congrats!!! You r so CREATIVE!!!!
    Luv ur lo it is so cute!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at SHABBY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the challenge and the light House is fantastic so clever.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly I love your "Shabby" LO. Gorgeous photo and luv the beach ball and WOW what you have done with that lighthouse die. Congratulations and how clever are you to make those changes to it......amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zandra, Great take on the Lets Get Shabby theme! Love the way all the comonents have come together. I've Still not done mine, will I make the date?????? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page! Love the stunning details! I adore the lighthouse!!!:)

    Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!

    hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pretty Girl!
    That is really awesome about the lighthouse die! Wow! And your beach ball layout is gorgeous, you do beautiful work! Very clever using the lighthouse for these designs, I never would have thought of that!Very cute! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya
    love your interpretation of the image, and especially love the added extra bits
    hugs kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zandra - wow - great take on the challenge - love the beachball idea - amazing how these challenges get our creative juices flowing. Just been cruising your blog - very inspiring and such beautiful creations Polly xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful summer page!!!!
    The details are gorgeous!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!!
    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome page just love the photo and the postcard. The lighthouse and how you have used it to make other things are just great.

    Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beachball idea layout is beautiful!
    ...and I adore the lighthouse :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beach ball design Zandra..it's so unique!! Congrats on the die as well what an awesome thrill that must be and how clever of you to cvhange it into so many other things...still with a sea side theme...loving it!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful layout with great details.And funny i see snow flakes at your blog and looking at a beach lo.
    bye bye,lean.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS!! That is one super cool die!!!

    Love your beach ball LO!! Gorgeous!! fab detail tooo!!
    thanks so much for playing along with SHabby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, gorgeous layout!!!!!
    Such GREAT details and that lighthouse is fabulous!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zandra, this is gorgeous! You have a great way with details and textures! I love that lighthouse! :)

    ReplyDelete